Trek tickets for groups with children
We are running four treks a week, each trek has 2 single tickets and 3 shared tickets. Availibility of shared tickets will be increased from July 2021 as restrictions are lifted further. If you cannot see a ticket on the trek you want, then it means there are no more available for that trek. Please try another trek date.
Please decide which of the following ticket types is right for you and read the important information carefully before clicking the book now button at the bottom of the page.
If you plan to bring children it is vital you read about our child and family tickets to get the right ticket for you.
- Treks are unsuitable for buggies – young children must walk or be carried.
- If children are too big to carry they must be able to walk independently for about an hour over uneven ground.
- You need to be fit enough to walk for about an hour over rocky terrain with occasional steep inclines – as well as helping your child.
- Suitable walking shoes and weather protection are essential, sorry no umbrellas – and don’t forget suncream!
Tickets with children
Children are welcome at Holly Hagg, however leading large animals on country lanes and rocky terrain does involve risk. We offer three ticket types for children. These are based on a child’s ability to control a large animal and walk independently, and to avoid small children being pushed or trodden on by an alpaca. It is the responsibility of the accompanying adults to judge their child’s needs and capabilities then purchase the appropriate ticket.
Ticket Type C - Children age 10+ - £30
1 child with 1 alpaca. Children aged 10 and older may walk their own alpaca but must be accompanied by an adult in the group (leading another alpaca – Ticket A). For less confident children we would recommend sharing an alpaca with an adult.
Ticket Type D - Children age 6+ - £35
1 Child with 1 alpaca. Children aged 10 and older may walk their own alpaca but must be accompanied by an adult in the group (leading another alpaca – Ticket A). For less confident children we would recommend sharing an alpaca with an adult.
Ticket type E - Family Ticket and Under 6s - £35 *Limited availability*
- Payment is required at time of booking to confirm your place.
- If you are using a gift voucher to pay for your trek, please see the using a voucher page.
- Treks may be cancelled due to heavy rain, ice or snow – check email/phone if forecast is poor.
- Please read our walking with alpacas guide before you arrive.
- It’s hard to find us without our directions sheet as sat nav will lead you astray. Google map here
- Facilities include toilets and hand washing but there is no shop or cafe.
Please note – all bookings must go through our online booking system, we do not take bookings by email.
Sturdy footwear is a must!
Preparing for a trek
Guide to walking with alpacas
Directions to Holly Hagg
Booking with a gift voucher