Alpaca and llama trekking in Sheffield
Our alpaca treks run on the following days:
Saturday 11am (all year)
Sunday 11am (all year)
Sunday 1.30pm (March to December)
Wednesday 11am (April to October)
Tuesday 6.30pm (May to August)
- Expect to walk about an hour on ground that is steep and rocky in places.
- Treks are not suitable for people with mobility problems.
- Sorry, no buggies – young children must walk or be carried.
- Wear sturdy shoes and suitable weather protection. Sorry no umbrellas.
- Treks may be cancelled due to heavy rain, ice or snow – check your email/phone if forecast is poor.
- You are trekking at your own risk. See our health and safety guide for more information.
- We can be hard to find as our postcode goes to the wrong place. Find our directions here or Google map here
- Facilities include toilets and hand washing but there is no shop or cafe.
Please decide which ticket type is right for you before clicking the book now button below. Click on the + to the right of each ticket type for more information. If you plan to bring children it is vital you read about our child and family tickets to get the right ticket for you. It is the responsibility of the accompanying adults to judge their child’s needs and capabilities then purchase the appropriate ticket.
Ticket type A – 1 adult with 1 alpaca – £30
1 Adult (or 16+) walking with 1 alpaca.
Ticket type B – 2 adults sharing 1 alpaca – £35
2 Adults (or 16+) sharing 1 alpaca
Ticket Type C - Children age 10+ - £30
1 child with 1 alpaca. Children aged 10 and older may walk their own alpaca but must be accompanied by an adult in the group (leading another alpaca – Ticket A). For less confident children we would recommend sharing an alpaca with an adult.
Ticket Type D - Children age 6+ - £35
1 Child and 1 adult with 1 alpaca. For children aged 6 plus or older children who are less confident. The alpaca will have a second lead rope attached so the child and adult are leading together.
Ticket type E - Family Ticket and Under 6s - £35
2 Adults and up to 2 children sharing 1 alpaca. Children under 6 may only walk on a Family Ticket: 2 adults and up to 2 children under the age of 6 all sharing 1 alpaca. At all times the children must be under direct supervision of one adult while the other adult is in control of the alpaca. Small children must be kept a safe distance from all alpacas in case of sudden movements.
What to expect on our treks
Take our gorgeous alpacas and llama for a walk through the stunning woodlands of Rivelin Valley and the country lanes around Holly Hagg Community Farm, Sheffield. Our lovely gentle animals make this a truly enjoyable and memorable experience – but don’t just take our word for it, check out our customer reviews on TripAdvisor and Facebook.
We offer a range of tickets to suit animal lovers of all ages, but you must be moderately fit as you will be leading a large animal along rough paths with some steep and rocky bits that can be slippery and muddy in places. The whole experience takes about an hour and a half in total.
- On arrival you’ll be welcomed with an introduction to the herd, shown how to hand feed them and given a safety briefing before being matched up with your fluffy trekking partner.
- Our trained guides then take you through the beautiful scenery and woodlands surrounding our community farm.
- The trek lasts about an hour with plenty of stops for feeding, taking in the scenery and photography.
Sturdy footwear is a must!
Please wear sturdy shoes. The path is steep in places with uneven ground, loose stones and some mud.
Directions to Holly Hagg
It’s hard to find us without directions as sat nav will lead you astray. Find directions here.
Walking with alpacas guide
Before booking a trek people are strongly advised to read our walking with alpacas guide.